• Natural Jute fibre is used to reinforce the sole as well as reducing the weight of the soles.
• It is inserted in to the mould as a sheet and the recycled rubber is injected and fused with the Jute sheet.
• rPET (Recycled Plastic) from post consumer product such as bottles is used in the new Duckbill Flip-Flops
strap and the upper of the Outback Slipper is also made from 100% rPET.
• The cork used in the Corker Flip-Flop is sourced from Portugal.
• Cork is a natural, sustainable material with many special properties such being antibacterial and heat regulating.
• Castor bean is a natural alternative to crude oil based foams which are commonly used in footwear.
• We use castor bean foam in the insoles for our Deck Mates and Ozpadrille and Outback Slipper.
• Algae foam is created by cleaning waterways of ecologically damaging algae blooms. The water is filtered, the algae removed and then specially processed so it can be used to create algae foam.
• We use algae foam in the out soles of our Deck Mates and Ozpadrille.